The team at NOW Corp has been working (remotely!) throughout the past several weeks to continue to bring our clients and other small businesses the highest level of financial service possible.
Last Friday, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Stability (“CARES”) Act was signed into law. This 880-page bill will do many things to help the economy, including sending most taxpayers up to $1,200 (up to $2,400 for joint filers and $500 per child) in the next couple of weeks.
The bill also contained many provisions that can aid small businesses. Unfortunately, the small business aid provisions are not as simple as the direct taxpayer aid. Due to the very short time in which the bill was developed, parts of it are confusing, contradictory, and hold many traps if a business does not comply with the application and ongoing reporting requirements. In addition, there does not appear to be enough money to serve all eligible businesses and what is available will go quickly.
Since the bill first past the Senate on Wednesday night, March 25, the NOW team has been studying the details of the bill and working with financial institutions to implement as quickly as possible solutions that will work for our clients and other small businesses.
To this end, we are announcing a new program called the NOW Comprehensive Compliance and Application Program (“NOWCCAP”) that will prepare and file on your behalf applications for the two major small business grant / loan programs that are either now available or will be in the near future, to help you be first in line for funding and will help assure your compliance with the several applicable laws.
This is how NOWCCAP works:
- Gather the required information before you start the online application. See the information under the Apply tab.
- You complete a simple online application at on this site – it will take about 20 minutes.
- We will pull from Dun & Bradstreet and other public information sources additional information to assist us in preparing the applications.
- We will send you within one day the necessary forms to sign.
- We will file within one day the application for the first loan program (30 years, 3.75% interest, a small portion of which is forgiven).
- You should receive the initial funding from the federal government within five days.
- We will monitor with our financial institution partners the availability of the second loan program (10 years, 4% interest, most of which can be forgiven if you comply with the requirements) and file an application on your behalf.
- We will work with the requisite federal agencies and private national lenders as your applications are processed.
- We will provide instructional materials and webinars on what you need to do to stay compliant.
- We will continue to monitor the federal and other regulations and keep you apprised so that you can be on top of what is required on an ongoing basis.
- You can repay the loans at any time without penalty. The grant portions are tax-free.
Our fee for this new service is 2% of the total funding you actually receive. If you receive no funding, there is no charge. We will subtract a deposit from the initial funds received in the first week after you apply and the balance as the additional money comes in.
Please see the other sections of this site for additional information.